Teachers Global Limited (‘Teacheroo’, ‘We’ or ‘Us’) take data protection very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with Our Terms and Conditions of Use and any other documents referred to in either document) explains how We collect, use and handle any personal information We collect from you when you use Our website at www.teacheroo.io (our ‘Site’), both iOS & Android applications (our ‘App’) which we call Our ‘Services’.
Please read the following information carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it. By visiting the Site or using Our Services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Who we are
Teacheroo is the data controller and responsible for your personal data. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
• Full name of legal entity: Teachers Global Limited
• Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Postal address: One New Street, Wells, Somerset, BA5 2LA
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
This version was last updated on 3rd February 2021. It is important that the personal data that we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Collecting your personal information
Teacheroo exists as an online teacher community to help facilitate networking, access to free resources and career development. With this goal in mind, we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you or relating to you:
• if you register to become a user of Our Services;
• if you send Us a message through Our Services or correspond with Us by telephone in writing or otherwise;
• as you visit web pages on Our Website;
• as you visit our app (iOS or Android versions)
• if you subscribe to one of Our Services;
• participate in a discussion board or other social media functions on Our Services;
• if you enter a competition, promotion or survey;
• if you report a problem to us; and
• from any of your activities in connection with your use of Our Services.
Before you can access and use all of our Service’s features and services, you must register to become a user of our services.
To register, we ask that you provide us with certain personal information, which will generally include your name, email address, date of birth, profile picture and personal website (each to allow Us to customise your experience), a username and a password created by you. You may also elect to upload materials to your profile that include personal information. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you do not want to be publicly available.
Information we collect about you and how we collect your personal data
With regard to each of your visits to Our Services, we may automatically collect the following information:
• Identity Data including first name and last name
• Contact Data including email address.
• Transaction Data including details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, your ISP and/or mobile carrier, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, your location (if you are accessing the Services from a mobile device (note that most mobile devices will allow you to prevent location data from being sent to us));
• Usage data, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) to, through and from which you access Our Service (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to contact us.
• Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Information we receive from other sources
• Others may post, write about and ‘tag’ you, or link to your profile through the Services (known as ‘following’).
• You and others may post content that includes information about you on Our Services.
• Customers and partners may provide data to us.
• We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. At present these services are provided by the following entities and / or their groups of companies:
o GoDaddy Inc
o Google LLC, Google Ireland Ltd
o Google GSuite
o Honeycommb Inc